Pregnancy massage helps to relax the body and releases tension.
Physical and emotional wellbeing of the new mother is essential for the unborn child. Mother’s healthy mind is beneficial to the child, who responds to mother’s moods in the womb.
The therapist first inquires the patient about her physical and emotional health. The treatment is tailored to individual needs and aims to promote relaxation. Postnatal massage helps the body to recover from the childbirth.
Benefits of pregnancy massage:
- Helps to adjust to the physical changes you are experiencing as you prepare for the childbirth.
- Helps to prepare for active labour and birth.
- Helps to work with pain in labour.
- Reduces anxiety and stress, improves mood.
- Lessens the physical issues such as hormonal changes, urinary incontinence or difficulties with breathing or digestion.
- Boosts blood circulation and improves the metabolism of the mother and the unborn child (increases oxygen in the blood and helps with removal of toxins).
- Improves lymph flow and reduces swelling.
- Relieves muscle pain and cramps.
- Reduces round ligament pain.
- Speeds up the recovery from pregnancy and childbirth.